Loveable Pet Air Service
Aloha Air Cargo has provided live animal and pet shipping for over a decade in the State of Hawaii. Our services are convenient and open to Hawaii pet owners (relocating or vacationing), breeders, hobbyists, zoos, rescue organizations, and dog show participants.
Your pet will receive royal VIP (Very Important Pet) treatment as our valued guests from the time they arrive at our cargo facility to the time they are picked up at destination. We pride ourselves on taking extra care of your animals and you can be assured it will be first class all the way. Please let us know of any special needs and we will do our best to accommodate your requests. Just call us at least 48 hours in-advance so we can make a booking and reserve your flight. Last-minute bookings can also be accommodated on a space available basis.
While we love “pets,” we aren’t limited to just cat or dog shipping; we also provide air transportation for other animals, a variety of which have included sheep, miniature horses, potbelly pigs, turtles, seals, rare native birds, pheasant chicks and even a water buffalo used in the filming of Tropical Thunder on the Garden Island of Kauai. Though we don’t discriminate we may need to make exceptions for elephants as we do have size restrictions.
Airport to Airport
Airport to airport service is available for shippers that drop-off their own animal at the airport and have the receiver pick up at the destination airport. Before being loaded and after arrival, your pet will be kept safe and comfortable in a shaded, covered, well-ventilated area. To estimate the cost of shipping live animals, please call our Customer Service Call Center at 888-94-ALOHA.
PRE-TRAVEL | KENNEL | RESTRICTIONS
Before any live animal is tendered for air transport, all shippers must please ensure the following:
- Ensure the animal being tendered for transport is legal and NOT prohibited by governments and/or Aloha Air Cargo.
- Select the appropriate sized kennel/container for the animal and ensure your kennel(s) comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations and be approved for airline transport. General kennel requirements are noted below.
- Consult your veterinarian prior to ensure the animal is in good health to travel. Pregnant animals must not be tendered without an official veterinary certificate certifying that the animal is fit for travel, with no risk of birth during transit.
- Ensure all required export, import, and/or transit health certificates, license or permits, etc. are accompanying the shipment.
- Ensure animal shipments are properly classified, described, packed, marked and labeled.
- Contact Aloha Customer Service – Call Center to secure a booking for the next available or requested departure/return flights for your animal. Prior arrangements must be made for ALL animals including dogs, cats, or birds.
- All non-domestic animals (mammals, live tropical fish, reptiles, amphibians, insects, birds, etc.) MUST be inspected by the US Department of Agriculture PRIOR to tender to Aloha Air Cargo. For domestic animals (dogs, cats, rabbits, pigeons, ducks, geese, turkeys, pigs, cows, sheep, horses, chicken, etc.) inspection is not required.
- Department of Agriculture Contact Phone Numbers:
- Honolulu, Oahu – 808-837-8413
- Lihue, Kauai – 808-241-7135
- Kahului, Maui – 808-872-3848
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii – 808-326-1077
- Hilo, Hawaii – 808-961-9393
- Department of Agriculture Contact Phone Numbers:
- Other animals such as domestic livestock may require other forms and permits; refer to the following website for details: Dept. of Agriculture: Domestic Animal Livestock Requirements
- Feed the animal a small meal and drink within 4 hours before delivery and its scheduled departure.
- Owners of dogs/cats must certify with a signature the time the dog/cat was fed and offered water within the 4 hour period before delivery to the Aloha.
- Shipper to tender (and check-in) the animal 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure time.
- The shipper may be called back to clean the kennel if it gets heavily soiled.
- Shipper must provide a 24-hour phone number that Aloha can obtain instruction from in the event of an emergency; the number will be noted on the provided waybill.
- Kennels must comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations and be approved for airline transport.
- Kennel doors must be constructed of welded or cast metal, not plastic. Top-opening doors are not allowed.
- Kennel doors must be secured without a locking device by the shipper. An agent may need to open this door in case of an emergency. Zip-ties may be used.
- Kennels must be leak-proof and escape proof.
- Kennels must NOT have wheels, be collapsible, or foldable.
- The animal must be able to stand, sit, turn around, and lie comfortably in the kennel.
- Kennels for dogs/cats must have proper ventilation openings on two opposite walls and must be at least 16% of the surface area of each wall.
- Kennels/containers must be clearly marked on the top and one or more sides of the kennel with the words “Live Animals” or “Wild Animals,” whichever is appropriate with “arrows” indicating the upright position of the container. Also attach labels with the shipper’s name; consignee’s name, street address and city; 24-hour phone number, as well as the pet’s name.
- Kennels for dogs/cats must be equipped with separate receptacles for introduction of food/water, and they must be attached to the kennel.
- Animal, kennels, and accompanying accessories must be clean, have no offensive odors upon tender of animal. Kennel must also contain absorbent material lining bottom.
Note: Aloha Air Cargo does not rent or sell kennels.
|Model||Dimensions||Animal Type||Estimated Shipping Cost*|
|Cats, Toy Poodle, Yorkshire Terrier, Chihuahua, Shih-Tzu, etc|
|Beagles, Sheltie, Miniature Poodle, Cocker Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, etc|
Weight 7 lbs.
|Springer, Border Collie, Bulldog|
Weight 7 lbs.
|Boxer, Dalmatian, Collie, Airedale, Setter, Australian Shepherd, Doberman|
Weight 7 lbs.
|Afghan, Retriever, Pointer, Shepherds, Rottweiler|
Weight 7 lbs
|Irish Wolfhound, Newfoundland, St Bernard, Mastiffs, Greyhounds|
|*All estimates based on DIM weight only. Minimum Flat Rate, plus Fuel surcharge and tax to be assessed at time of booking in addition to the DIM weight total charges. Rates subject to change without notice, some restrictions apply.|
- Due to the high heart rate of the rodent species (guinea pigs, mice, rats, etc.), Aloha Air Cargo will accept these for transport if shipper signs liability waiver. Rodents may only be transferred for commercial purposes with approved booking.
- We do not allow shipment of any live chicken and/or chicken game birds within the islands; we appreciate your understanding.
- Each kennel to contain no more than one(1) live dog or cat, 6 months of age or older; OR no more than one (1) live puppy/kitten, 8 weeks – 6 months of age weighing 20lbs. (9 kg) or less each. Puppies/kittens (4 months of age or less) may NOT be transported in the same kennel with an adult animal.
- Any female dog/cat in heat may NOT be transported in the same kennel with any male dog/cat.
- A dog and cat may NOT travel together in the same kennel.
- Pregnant monkeys, nursing females and suckling young or un-weaned animals will NOT be accepted, with or without their mothers.
- All puppies/kittens must have a valid, signed veterinarian health certificate with weaning verification, and be designated fit to travel noted on the certificate.
- Animals having given birth within 48 hours before the start of their journey will NOT be accepted for transport.
- Animals should NOT have a choke collar or muzzle, and may NOT be tranquilized without veterinary approval and/or supervision.
- Other non-essential items such as additional toys, extra food, etc. must be shipped separately as “general freight” using a different waybill number, subject to greater of gross or DIM weight charges.
- Should the animal soil the kennel while waiting to be shipped, the owner may be required to come back and clean the kennel prior to departure.
- Check with the State of Hawai’i Department of Agriculture whenever an animal is entering or leaving the state.
- Aloha Air Cargo reserves the right to refuse transportation of a live animal for any reason.
- NOTE: All Kennels sent as RETURN DUNNAGE must be done within 48 hours of pickup (of the originating shipment) for the dunnage rate to apply. Consignee who is returning the empty kennel BACK to origin location MUST provide the originating WAYBILL NUMBER to validate that the dunnage applies to a particular shipment. If an originating waybill number is NOT provided and/or kennel dunnage not returned within 48 hours of pickup, applicable General Freight charges for the empty kennel will apply.
Contact our Aloha Customer Service department with any further questions regarding this service.